Maintaining is hard

(Please excuse mistakes, English is not my first language)

First off, I want to say that I never really posted on here while I was on my actual weight loss journey, but this community still helped me so much and I learned almost everything about weight loss on here. Could not have done it without you people.

So I (22f) started my weight loss in early may of 2023. I‘ve been chubby my whole life, always had a BMI of around 25. In early 2023 I shockingly reached a weight of around 70kg (~155lb) at only 159cm (5‘3 I believe?) and I decided I wanted to lose weight. I reached my goal weight of 53kg (around 117lb) by the end of january. When I weigh in now, I actually weigh in between 51,5-52,5kg (113lb-116lb). I am happy where I am at and I know I would be okay with gaining back a little bit. I think I would be fine with a weight up to 55kg (around 121lb).

But I have realized that maintaining is so much harder than losing the weight. I still track my calories and usually try to stay in a deficit as I want to eat more when going out with friends later in the week etc. Today I ate my maintainance calories although I did not go out. I know that this is totally fine and actually what I should be doing, but I still somehow feel bad about it. I am just so happy with the way I look and feel now. Losing weight is one of the best things I have done for myself and I don‘t want to go back to my old self. But I see and hear so many stories about people gaining back the weight they have lost and I really do not want to join this group.

Has anyone else went or is going through something similar? What helped you guys maintain your weight?

submitted by /u/CharmingFeeling1892
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/I5Rz8Pj

No comments:

Post a Comment

My motivation isn’t there anymore.

Basically what the title implies. I don’t know what’s been going on with me I’ve done this before, CICO, fasting, cut out certain food and ...