Anyone else lean into the bland/bad food?

I'll preface this by saying I'm actually a foodie who enjoys cooking and eating interesting and delicious foods. Enjoying food sometimes is not something I want to remove from my life.

Buuuuuut I'm also a binge eater who will stuff myself on highly-palatable junk until it physically hurts.

One of the things that took me a little while to get to is that not all food has to taste good. It's okay for it to be just about nutrition sometimes. It doesn't have to be always or never. Eating something uninteresting or just not my favorite doesn't trigger bingeing in the same way that something tastier might.

As an example, I love veggie burgers, give me an impossible burger or a well-seasoned house made bean burger and I will be all about it. But Boca Burgers? Eh. Reminds me of 20 years ago when there weren't very many veggie burger options. They kinda smell like cat food. While you can pan fry them, if you microwave them they end up kind of wet and floppy. They're not terrible but I'd never choose one as my favorite.

...So it's kind of the perfect lunch. Especially when I'm too busy with work and might be tempted by something junky that I'd binge, instead I can just toss two patties in the microwave. 220 calories with 28g of protein. It'll satiate me but I have absolutely zero desire to eat more of it. And then I can enjoy dinner instead.

submitted by /u/tryingtoloseit123
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/5cfqhKQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

My motivation isn’t there anymore.

Basically what the title implies. I don’t know what’s been going on with me I’ve done this before, CICO, fasting, cut out certain food and ...