What are your experiences with hospital weight management programs?

A family medicine doctor recommended I try the weight managing program they have, because the doctor who does it is very passionate and they have a lot of success in helping patients with losing weight and keeping it off. My BMI is in the morbidly obese range, and I’ve been obese for 5~6 years (since childhood).

So I went, and the first appointment was pretty much an introduction. The doctor showed me some resources where I can find exercises that are easy to do at home. We talked about the bad impacts of obesity and that the first goal should be to lose 5-10% of body weight. Then we made follow up appointments.

During the follow up, I didn’t feel great. Because of stressful life events, I stopped going to the gym, but I also lost 5 pounds due to not having an appetite. The doctor recommended I install a calorie tracking app and don’t get discouraged by my setbacks. I said I want to consider medication or surgery, and he said it will be a consideration and we will talk more about that as time goes on.

I cancelled our next appointment because I gained 10 pounds within 6 weeks and felt horrible.

I was supposed to have another appointment tomorrow, but I cancelled it as well. I feel really useless and hopeless because I keep gaining weight and not changing my life. Also, it feels like the appointments are doing nothing except telling me advice I can find online? I thought this would be helpful but it feels like another reason for me to believe I’ll stay obese forever and then die at 45.

I’m wondering, did these programs help other people, and how so? Am i just a bad patient? I appreciate your responses 🙏

submitted by /u/LeafeonLove
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/e4SHWmF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messed up really bad this time

I'm currently about 55 kgs and 153 centimetres and been trying to lose weight for a while now but I keep messing up. I'm fine durin...