Taking a break from running?

F19 here. I've been on my weight loss journey for about 10 months now, and in that time, I’ve lost 50 pounds. I’ve really grown to love strength training and running. Earlier in the year I had to take a break from running for medical reasons but I’m happy to say I’ve recently gotten back into it while maintaining my weight.

Lately, though, I’ve noticed that running makes me much hungrier than usual, which has been challenging since I want to go on another cut and lose about 15 more pounds. I’ve been making improvements with my running, but I’m worried that the increased hunger might make it harder to stay in a caloric deficit.

I’ve been thinking about possibly putting my running goals on the back burner for now to focus on this cut. I would still keep up with my strength training and incorporate other cardio, like incline walking, but I’m not sure if that means I'll lose all my running progress.

Is it a bad idea to step back from running during a cut? I don't count my calories ( and can't really since I once struggled with an ED) do maybe putting running on pause will be a better approach?

submitted by /u/sunflowerhajj
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/f1rvsn9

No comments:

Post a Comment

should I break my intermittent fasting?

I weight 78kg now (started at 90kg) and I do a very high calories deficit of 1,000 calories a day. Along with intermittent fasting. (My hei...