Figured I'd share this here - More than halfway through my weight loss goal (Start Dec 15th, 242lbs -> 194lbs, 6' tall)

I think I'm going to lose another 20 lbs before engaging a caloric surplus. I started out with cardio and monitoring calories with the LoseIt app, then moved into weightlifting, cardio and maintaining a caloric deficit. Years of working on a desk for 10 hours a day and paid for lunches had stacked up the pounds!

Absolutely shocked by 1) how much muscle I had left on my legs and 2) How much i was really eating in a day. I've always had large thighs but i've had some significant weight for a few years and forgotten how much muscle I had on my legs when I was younger - needless to say I'm happy most of it stuck around after all this time. As far as the food goes - fairly generic observation here, but its really shocking how many calories are in some of the more commonplace foods people eat are. Avoiding sauces and focusing on dry seasonings have been huge for me, and cutting red meat out of my life has made me feel way healthier in general. The LoseIt app has been a godsend for tracking intake - i used another app a long time ago and it was nowhere near this good. Super intuitive!

Also very happy to say that it is possible to lose weight and gain muscle. I was definitely a skeptic but if you can find a way to put a good amount of protein in your body while eating at a caloric surplus and exercising (and pushing yourself!), you can really accomplish it. Hopefully will be done with the weight loss soon and will move to a lean bulk, and will get myself fully in shape by next summer.

Wishing you all the best - stay committed and push your self, good things will happen!

Edit: also, get yourself a food scale. Instantly helped me keep myself more organized when it came to tracking my intake! Also, I am currently 194 lbs - i'm going to go to 175 lbs before focusing on muscle gain.

submitted by /u/AbbreviationsNo2910
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Fz4XNk5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gaining weight on calorie deficit

36/F who loves dessert, happy hour, and exercises 45 mins a day at least 3x a week. I bought one of those scales that tells you your body f...