IBS struggles

So here is some transparency from me. Bear with me! It’s a long one😬🏃🏻‍♀️💩

First, we have to bring it back to July 2024. At this time I was having severe constipation. I went to a GI doctor at this time. He told me to take 6 stool softeners and day and to lose weight. Well as a dietitian, I knew I wasn’t the healthiest plus this was the heaviest I had been. Deep down I knew that I had suffered from either diarrhea or constipation for years. So, I was like okay. Let me listen to him and try this out. This is when the weight loss journey began. I knew that I need more fiber and with fiber comes more water intake. Because, guess what! More fiber without water intake makes you even more constipated. Lord knows at this time I didn’t need that because I had the pains, the bloat, you name it when it came to constipation. At this time is when I started exercising. The elliptical for 30mins a day was the goal! Of course more of a cardio focus to help the gut moving and maybe burn some fat. With the change I had made thus far August came around. I was down -6.8lb!!! I was impressed of course.

So, with the rest efforts and the weight loss. Guess what! Constipation was still severe. So, my choice was to go back to the same GI doctor or another. FYI: Stool softeners were not my first choice. I had tried Linzess (relief at times), milk of magnesium (did not help), Mirilax (nope).

I then went to the second GI doctor. He prescribed my IBSRELA 2x daily. Which WOW this sucker works! Maybe a bit too well some days.🤭😮‍💨 The exercising, portion sizes, and food options didn’t just change once I found this medicine. You know why! The love of my life then proposed to me in September 2024 This meant I had a wedding in December 2025; I HAVE to look SNATCHED for!

I am now down -17.2lb! I still suffer from bloat, constipation, not choosing the best food but yet I am human. I was able to wean off of one of my anxiety/depression medicines because the endorphins with exercise has helped!

I tell you this because, they now have all of these easy ways out when it comes to weight loss. I guarantee with changes in lifestyle /mood makes it feel 100000% better! My journey is far from over! I can not wait to have continued progress and changes! ✨

submitted by /u/carlie_rose96
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/0AM7man

No comments:

Post a Comment

should I break my intermittent fasting?

I weight 78kg now (started at 90kg) and I do a very high calories deficit of 1,000 calories a day. Along with intermittent fasting. (My hei...