General question

I don't really know the rules of this Reddit necessarily, but I wanted to post some slight details. I'm a 5 foot 7 male, I initially at my peak was about 295lbs. I'm currently 245lbs. I've been training in professional wrestling since February, but changed up what I ate around July, cutting out all sugary beverages. All I consume liquid wise now is water or water flavored with Crystal Light.

I've been kind of stuck at 240-245lbs for 3-4 weeks now. My diet largely consists of chicken breast, rice, occasional steak and burger patties with cheese (I don't usually use buns, just eat them with a fork and knife). Sometimes I will eat some toast (without butter) with a dash of cinnamon sugar for flavor. (I eat other stuff too occasionally but by and large this is primarily what I eat in a day).

I have not seen a significant reduction in weight or any at all in a few weeks, now I go to the gym almost every single day (I do treadmill cardio, I'm not a super heavy lifter, I just like to get my cardiovascular going every day). I do anywhere from 3.2-3.5MPH on the treadmill for 30-60 minutes, which usually equates to 2.5-3 miles when I finish) and factoring in I only really eat protein (with no sauces) some rice, no sugary drinks. I don't have snackfood at my house. I train in pro wrestling twice a week, so those are a whole nother slew of exercises. My daily intake of calories never exceeds 2,000, and more often than not, doesn't even come close to 2,000. I eat about a cup of rice a day, and around 16 ounces of chicken breast, (I don't add skin or sauces, only seasonings). spread out around 2-3 meals, (I don't exclusively eat this every single day, but it is most days, on days I eat other stuff I am still hyper vigilant on the calories, plus I have to be burning anywhere from 150-300 calories a day with my gym regiment at my weight, not even counting what I burn training in pro wrestling).

The only thing I can think of is my body is recompositioning, but it's not just reflecting in weight? I kno× your weight won't always go down, but you'll still slim regardless but I have been on a consistent deficit for a while and it's kind of stalled. Most of my weight exercises largely involve the fixed lat pull down, the chest press machine, and pec/fly machine. I do some free weight exercises with the 15lb dumbbell as well, usually just curls mostly. (I don't do these every day, I give myself time to heal on weights, although I always get cardio in). I'm not looking to become ripped, I just want to get below the 200lb range, as I have slowly went from 205lbs to 295lbs since I graduated high school in 2017, and am now back down to 240-245. I also assume some of it is water retention from working out pretty frequently.

I will say I am wearing some of my old XL shirts again, (I have been wearing 2XL for about 4 years or so, it reached a point where the 2XL were almost no longer fitting, so my options were lose weight or buy 3XL, and I wasn't buying 3XL). which I do not believe would have fit me 6 months ago, but I haven't tried them on in a long time. So is it possible that the last almost 30 days that even though my weight loss has stalled a little bit, that my body is recompositioning and replacing fat with more lean mass? I've been largely flying solo with losing weight and just doing what feels good as opposed to a strict regiment, but I do not feel like I am eating enough to be at maintenence. (I don't drink soda, or any other beverages with calories besides crystal light packets, and I don't really ever snack on stuff. We don't keep anything like that in the house and I do not eat out almost ever). So I was just wondering if anybody here would have some better insight.

submitted by /u/ProWrestlingTrainee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/kSU4A3x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Could light lifting prevent scale loss?

Hi all! I’m 5’3”, 22F, SW: 180lbs, CW: 166lbs, GW: 120lbs. I am currently eating around 1,200 calories a day with 1,500 calories on the wee...