Advice for Getting Serious

Hello all! This will be a long post, but I would appreciate a thorough read so I can get some solid advice. :)

I’ve had an interesting journey with weight and weight loss pretty consistently since middle school. I think around grade 7 I got into the range of overweight as I started to be given more independence over my eating. I won’t get into the nitty gritty of my relationship with food - I could probably most simply describe it as a relationship of desperation, particularity, and lack of control. Unfortunately all I got growing up was a couple comments to “not eat so much” and not an actual guide on portion control.

Well, I’m 22 now and got married almost exactly 10 months ago. As you can imagine, now without my parents’ eyes on my eating, things got more out of control and I gained about 25lb since my wedding. I hadn’t even realized it was that much until dresses I had bought six months prior weren’t zipping up anymore.

I am a 22yo female, 5’6, weighing in at 223lb. My motivation behind the weight I want to lose, in my opinion, is pretty healthy. I don’t hate the way I look or anything. I just know this weight puts me at a health risk, plus I’m starting to get discomfort doing everyday tasks. There’s also the practical element that I simply cannot afford to replace my wardrobe.

Since becoming an adult I’ve worked out here and there, as well as tried and failed a calorie deficit once. The last couple months, I’ve been walking and attempting to control portions as I has noticed weight gain, granted I thought it was like ten pounds, not twenty-five.

Now I’m back on a calorie deficit (FitnessPal has me eating 2020 calories a day right now), and aiming for 10k steps a day since my job is completely sedentary. I’m patient this time, and have accountability with my husband. I won’t quit if I don’t deficit exactly 500 calories each day, like I did when I was 19 and attempted. Plus I’ve found better meals to work with my goal. It’s only been a week but I’m doing pretty well.

Sooooo all of this said, does anyone have any tips or advice for me as I go on this journey? As a heads up, my goal weight right now is 190, since I think that’s realistic, but if I get there I will likely want to maintain closer to 180 or 170.

Any help at all is appreciated. This seems like a lovely community!

submitted by /u/schmoopybeat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/EJ35UAn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Could light lifting prevent scale loss?

Hi all! I’m 5’3”, 22F, SW: 180lbs, CW: 166lbs, GW: 120lbs. I am currently eating around 1,200 calories a day with 1,500 calories on the wee...