Injuries are NO joke - just ranting

I am finally able to bear weight on my ankle! On August 8th, (it's September 22nd now) I woke up from an afternoon nap with such horrible pain. The air from the fan hurt my foot. I couldn't sleep at all because of the squeezing pain in my swollen foot and ankle. I called out of work the next day and I work remote, that's how bad it was.

One month on basically bedrest and now, 6 weeks later, I'm able to walk. I'm doing physical therapy which is helping immensely and some nsaid meds that's meant for arthritis. The doctor can't say for sure what happened (gout, more likely a sprain), but the inability to walk quickly atrophied the muscles in my lower left leg, so we're working on getting me back to normal.

I can't wait to do squats again. When I can, I'm going to hit the gym HARD. I have 4 more weeks of PT. Thankfully, I gained no weight during that time despite having to prioritize buying microwavable meals so I didn't have to walk around the kitchen.

Now, I'm back to counting calories, CICO, doing pilates, and back on the Peloton. Move it before you lose it, right? (Also, getting old sucks, being sedentary really fucks you up)

submitted by /u/LoveCompSci
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/G65UlsY

No comments:

Post a Comment

HIIT/Estrogen/Libido

Hi all, I was curious if anyone has noticed any impact HIIT might have on estrogen and/or libido. I feel like after doing HIIT I tend to ...