I have struggled with impulsive eating all my life as either a result of my autism or adhd (I have yet to pin point which) and I have this thing were my brain will go "food? FOOOOD" and then treat it as an emergency for me to eat as soon as humanly possible. I've lost over 50 lbs and gained it all back because I never understood this issue and why it happens. I was even at a point where I thought I needed medication. I recently got a job and its physical so It's made a huge difference in the ease of not eating constantly. But my days off were just hell, because my "food gremlin" as I call it never would stfu. Welp, that all changed when I decided to buy a bag of grapes, and the bundle I grabbed from the bag for much lunch was too damn big. I was too lazy to get scissors to cut this very thick stem so I said "well screw it I'll toss the rest back in the bag when I'm done". I didn't. The plate of grapes sat there with me all day. And instead of eating 5 mid size meals in a day because of mr food gremlin, I only ate those damn grapes until dinner. I tried this method of snacking on low cal stuff throughout the day but I used carrots and celery and it just didnt work. Turns out grapes have just enough sugar to give me that dopamine hit my brain was screaming for. "FOOD TIMMEEE" pop a grape or two and BOOM. The entire panic mode of needing to eat was just GONE. Now I eat my regular meals and some extra grapes and my days off work are no longer an overconsumption nightmare. Let this be a reminder that sometimes the most obscure and random things will absolutely be a huge help to you and you won't even realize it sometimes.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/FUb4O7k
No comments:
Post a Comment