Today is my last day at my job and my coworkers were extremely persistent about ordering me lunch and me having a cupcake. I said no thanks several times but for the sake of the social ritual and accepting the kindness they really really wanted to extend, I appeased them and ordered a chicken Cesar wrap and just ate the inside and had a cupcake with most of the icing removed. Had I known they would do this I would have just packed a lunch. I am not super rigid with “special occasions” or dinners out here and there but I do find myself getting a bit annoyed at situations like this (the food was from a very mediocre spot and I now don’t really know how to track the nutrition for what I ate.) I try to eat intuitively within my deficit but I get pretty grumpy about “wasting” calories on a meal I wasn’t even truly excited about. I’m wondering if this is a problematic mindset to have about food/eating, I don’t typically get guilt about eating less healthy things but the key difference there is that I chose to do it versus feeling pressured! What have you done in situations like these?
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/nfGdMzV
No comments:
Post a Comment