Sometimes we *do* know exactly what’s hindering our progress

As a somewhat shorter woman (5'5") that's never been "thin" but has regularly been chubby, I've never eaten egregious amounts of food or had easily fixable habits.

But I've always known my weight is mostly due to:

  1. I like snacking
  2. I crave sweets constantly

Now both these converge into my one fundamental weakness which is:

Cookies.

I love cookies so much.

I swear I crave them all the time, all types of cookies, sometimes I will crave baking them because me liking to cook doesn't help me not getting cookies when not easily available.

I've started losing weight since February and have lost 12 lbs so far, mostly because I'm at school practically all day so If I want snacks I either have to carry them with me all day or have to spend money to get them, which are options inconvenient enough to beat my worst impulses.

However, I'd been on a very frustrating plateau for about a month where I was oscillating between the same two pounds and I just couldn't figure out why.

Except I did know why.

The cookies.

Last week after getting a pound of cookies from a famous pastry shop where you get a bulk of really yummy cookies for a very low cost, and then promptly eating like 2/3 of them within two days I decided to just try and go cold turkey with it.

I didn't eat any cookies for an entire week and I lost 2 pounds.

And the thing is I didn't really do anything else all that different otherwise.

I ate the same stuff. I exercised the same amount.

But whenever I craved cookies I just made myself find something else which would either turn to me snacking less of just opt to eat a fuller meal instead.

So yeah I don't really think I will never eat cookies again but I wanted to prove to myself I was capable of restraining myself.

Has anyone else had any similar revelations?

Tldr: Shockingly my addiction to cookies was hurting my progress?

submitted by /u/PortalOfMusic
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/OGVfdTq

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...