My body doesn’t lose or gain weight—why?

Starting off to say I’m fine with my body. I’m just wondering if this is a health issue since I’m a bit stumped.

Some backstory: I’m 5’4” and 118lbs. I used to have disorder eating a few years ago and would do anything to lose weight and lost about 10lbs. One day the switch kinda flipped and I just went back to eating regularly and slowly I gained back to 118-120. From then on I could eat absolutely whatever I wanted intuitively. I eat healthy most times but I can litterally eat fast food 3x a week and regularly eat a whole family size bags of potato chips in two days and not gain any weight. It’s been like this for three years. I don’t have a problem with it because it’s amazing to not don’t gave disordered eating habits and to freely eat without gaining. I’m grateful my metabolism wasn’t messed up from the two years of starvation and I didn’t gain tons of weight.

Now my confusion: I started Vyvanse recently and it totally kills my appetite. I have been eating one small meal a day for the past three weeks. Sometimes I can eat more but generally I’d assume I’m consuming only 300-600 calories a day and I’m pretty active as well. The scale? Has not dropped. I was worried it would and have been checking and I’m still 118. I’m stumped that I’ve been eating so little and burning calories yet remain the same weight.

Is it something to be alarmed about? I wonder if it’s a health issue. I in no way want to lose weight and am trying to adjust to the meds and eat normally but I’m just curious why this is happening. TIA

submitted by /u/sommaliee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/xrLtS8Q

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...