How accurate is BMI in terms of measuring health

First off, I am a 20 year old female who is 5”10 my BMI is 28.4. I’m worried I may be at risk for type 2 diabetes since it runs in my family. I also constantly get ignored and mistreated due to my obesity For the past 8 months I’ve been doing 25k-30k steps 5 days a week and I also carry heavy objects while doing so. On the weekends I do weight training at the gym paired with sprints and walking on the treadmill. I also rock climb and boulder on the weekends for fun. All this activity and I’m still gaining weight, although I am gaining it very slowly. I tracked my calories religiously for around 2 months but I was unable to lose any weight and felt very fatigued and confused for the duration. I’m just very worried for my health, I know I should be in the 130-140 lb range according to BMI but I’ve never been that thin even when I was eating under 800 calories a day for a while. The thinnest I’ve ever been is 165 and that was achieved by eating under 800 calories a day, water fasting some days and spending 1.5 hours at the gym everyday. I’m worried it might be too late and I may have already unknowingly developed diabetes.

submitted by /u/Subject_Trifle2259
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/PYQ7MSB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...