The title gives most of the story but I (6ft 29m) have been struggling with my weight since I was a teenager. I lost my bio dad when I was 13 and sought comfort in food. I was always self conscious about my weight and had a similar story to most. Went on a diet (keto, vegetarian, intermittent fasting, omad, carnivore), lost allot of weight, lost motivation and gained it all back plus some.
I lost my step dad who I considered my father and I had my first daughter a few years ago, again seeking comfort in food while learning how to be a parent and grieving, when she was a little over a year old I stepped on the scale and I was shocked. I hit an all time high of 332, I knew a real significant change needed to be made.
Over the course of a year I cut off any caloric drinks, most sugars and eating leaner in general from home (lean meats, lower cal snacks etc). I didn't lose much weight during that time (10lb) as I wasn't tracking anything, just trying to change my lifestyle.
About 6 and a half months ago when I felt comfortable I decided it was time to start tracking my calories, with my calories set to 2k and no exercise I was losing weight but I felt I could do more so shortly after starting, I began speed walking (1.5 to 3 miles a day) and lowered my calories to 1850. With doing that in total I've lost 60 lb which I'm super proud of.
The problem I'm in now is that dispite going for 6+ months feeling good. After having a vacation with family and away from counting calories for a week it reminded me what happiness felt like lol what that comfort felt like. dispite being back on my diet and eating right again for a few weeks. I'm at a rock bottom in terms of self motivation. I'm so tired of counting calories, walking and eating lean.
If anybody has any advice or words of wisdom I'd like to hear it right now.
PS. I do have a weekly cheat day that I don't count and just enjoy my day. I still do my walking I also kept up my walking on vacation
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/suSFyrw
No comments:
Post a Comment