Question about accurately measuring meals

I'm using the Loseit app to track what I eat, and I'm getting used to using my new little kitchen scale. I'm just not sure how I should be logging my meals when I make them in bulk.

For example, I like to make a huge salad for lunch and split it up into two meals. I use one of the Aldi pre-packed chopped salad bags (asian or sunflower seed), a whole bag of spring mix, an 8oz pack of krab, a whole cucumber, a whole tomato, about 5-6 mini sweet peppers, and a serving of shredded cheese (1/4 cup). I plug all of these ingredients into the app, then will measure the salad out on my scale and halve it by weight. I'm not eating this entire salad at once, but thats not what Loseit thinks. To try to log it, I go back and halve the serving size of every ingredient I entered. Is doing it this way going to severely throw off my calorie count? I know I could be measuring out each of the ingredients into separate bowls, but this way is quick and easy, which is really important to the success of me sticking to healthier eating. It just means my caloric intake for that meal is a guesstimate if I don't eat the whole dang salad at once.

submitted by /u/Dry-Yesterday4661
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/w4AHRF8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...