Do you have tips on how to count calories for something that doesn’t have a label?

I’m male 27, 6 feet weighing 240 pounds. My goal as of now is to hit 215. I’ve already lost about 10 pounds.

I track my calories and protein pretty consistently the only issue I have is what do I do in moments where the food I’m eating doesn’t have a nutritional label? Or what if say you go to someone’s house that made a makes a big batch of food? Like meat lovers lasagna. How would I know what the ingredients are, calorie worth of each ingredient and the portion size?

Another good example is if I ordered pizza, sure I can limit the portion size to 2 pizzas but what if it isn’t a chain like Dominos and it’s ma and pa shop? Who knows what the calories can be.

I know I can never be close and I have to wing it. But I feel with winging it sometimes you can seriously over or even underestimate how many calories you’re eating.

Do you have any tips on what you do for situations like this? I know the obvious is “Eat Whole Foods and cook at home” but sometimes that isn’t always an option. I do want to live my life and enjoy it too haha

submitted by /u/Brandon_awi
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/xWDJc1n

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...