The thought of changing my lifestyle terrifies me (but I'm ready to give this my best shot).

I'm a 36-year-old father of 2 (soon to be 3) who has been overweight basically since my freshman year of college. I eat too much, is the long and the short of it. I don't feel right unless I'm very full after a meal. I don't feel right if I don't get a snack before bed. I like to drink beer. I exercise fairly regularly and am in decent enough shape. I'm just heavy. I have high blood pressure. I have high cholesterol.

I have about 45 extra lbs on my body, which I know is not close to what people on here have lost or gained or anything, but I'm at a point where I simply need to permanently lose some weight. I know that this means I need to change my relationship with food. I need to maintain a calorie deficit throughout the day. I need to eat less at meals. I need to stop thinking of food as a way to satisfy myself.

This is scary for all the regular reasons; namely, I've tried this before and failed, I've given up, I always relapse, and I'm used to not really thinking I can do it. But the more I think about it, the more I think that, the person I need to be to be successful, the person who eats right and has a healthy relationship with food and stays active and thoughtful and intentional - I don't recognize that person. That's not me. I'm scared to change so much.

That being said, so many people on this subreddit are so inspiring, and the method is so sound, that I know if I stick with it I can get where I need to be. I just need some guts and determination.

This post doesn't have much of a point, other than for me to get some thoughts down that I've been thinking a lot. I'm starting to track tomorrow, and plan on following all of you people who have done so well and worked so hard and show myself and my wife that this is something I can do. Thanks everyone for making this such a welcoming, inspirational place.

submitted by /u/chuckles84
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dVWO2P

No comments:

Post a Comment

BIA (Impedance) Scales

I have owned a BIA scale (Renpho model) for a few years, only downloaded the app and started using the BMI stuff during my diet. I also pur...