Don't lose weight out of hate for your body.

25M, 6'4", SW:325lbs, CW: 205lbs, GW: 185lbs

Just wanted to share a thought. This is one difficult journey, so I figured something that helped me might help someone else.

I've found that when I try to lose weight because I hate my body, it turns my goals into something negative. I feel like I'm not good enough and don't deserve to have a nice life because my body is the way it is. When I was a teenager, I felt like I wasn't even a real human being because of my body.

If we can learn to love our bodies, we can nourish it with healthy food and exercise - not punishing ourselves for overindulgent behavior and running away.

I now think of my body simply like a car. I put good things in and maintain it as best I can, to get a long time of good use out of it. When I die, parts of it might benefit another car, who knows?

If you're starting out at a place where you're losing weight because you don't like yourself, it's okay. You need healing and love, and hopefully you can come to a place where you know you're worthy of every good thing the world has to offer you.

Losing weight sucks, but this mindset is helping me. I don't just love this sub because of the weight loss help, but because so many people can relate to my experiences as a big person.

submitted by /u/PlanetForefront
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZrdxH4

No comments:

Post a Comment

BIA (Impedance) Scales

I have owned a BIA scale (Renpho model) for a few years, only downloaded the app and started using the BMI stuff during my diet. I also pur...