How do y’all deal with body image issues after a weight loss?

I have lost 55lbs as of yesterday. When I began the journey 6 months ago, I looked at myself in the mirror and I thought I looked huge. I thought “huh if I lose 50 lbs I am gonna look so good and skinny to myself”. I used to read stories of people saying they still see themselves as fat and I didn’t believe it at all. I was like “That’s BS, if I lose that much for sure I will totally love what I see in the mirror.”

Well. Not exactly. It is maddening to me that I literally look the same to ME. People tell me that I look different, but somehow my eyes still see me as fat?? It is scary, that feeling. I can look at pictures side by side and I can see the different myself but the moment I look in the mirror it’s like “i have always looked like this and this is FAT”. How do y’all deal with this?

submitted by /u/yzyszn_approaching
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TeSRy6

No comments:

Post a Comment

should I break my intermittent fasting?

I weight 78kg now (started at 90kg) and I do a very high calories deficit of 1,000 calories a day. Along with intermittent fasting. (My hei...