For those of you who need to see the light at the end of the tunnel

I’ve been through the struggles of dieting, and made it through alive. I’ve been living the maintenance life for a little bit now and let me tell you, it’s worth the long and difficult journey folks. I’m a distance runner. Everyday I run for >1 hour and every calculator/watch I’ve come across says I burn roughly 800 calories when I do these runs, so for the day I can eat 2800 (low estimate since my TDEE is actually 2080 at sedentary) calories.

Breakfast is usually kind of big, though sometimes it ends up smaller if I get filled up fast enough. I’d say it’s usually 600-1000 calories.

Lunch is always small though. I don’t know why, I just can’t bring myself to eat more than 300-400 calories at lunch. I’ll leave lunch a little hungry, but for some reason I can’t mentally make myself eat anymore than that. Usually just a sandwich, big old salad, and some tuna.

Then I’ll go on my run. Which is why i like the fact I never eat too much for lunch because it ensures my stomach is never messed up for the run.

After the run I go straight into dinner. And by then I’ve only eaten anywhere from 1,000-1,300 calories out of 2,800 for the day, meaning I usually have about 1,500 calories to eat for dinner every night. Which is beautiful to someone like me. Sadly my cafeteria doesn’t allow you to get seconds, so I can only get ~500 calories of actually decent/nutritious food, then I have to become creative at the salad bar or cereal. I don’t like the fact that I need to rely on cereal for carbs, because it’s got a ton of sugar. But at the same time cereal is amazing, and I have the calories for it. So tonight I ate a great dinner, and had 2 bowls of cereal and a PBJ. I never eat PBJ’s anymore because of how calorie dense PB is.

I just had to share this with everyone in case you were wondering if there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. Dieting is grueling, and it is definitely a whole lifestyle change. But when you’re done and you can finally go back to eating at a maintenance level, life gets so much better I promise you.

submitted by /u/The_Paper_Cut
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZeSjMz

No comments:

Post a Comment

HIIT/Estrogen/Libido

Hi all, I was curious if anyone has noticed any impact HIIT might have on estrogen and/or libido. I feel like after doing HIIT I tend to ...