Will my food obsession go away once I go back to maintenance?

There was a time during the beginning of my most recent weight loss where I actually didn't really care about food at all. I know it seems contradicting because obsession with food was how I gained so much in the first place. But I honestly ate when I was hungry, rather than just because I wanted to taste food. It made weight loss very fast and easy.

But now I'm losing my last few pounds, and my mindset is getting more and more food obsessive. I eat because I want to taste food, not necessarily because I'm hungry. Right after eating I count down the minutes before my next meal. I hate being so food obsessive, because it reminds me of my old self.

When I tried to eat maintenance for a break, I feel like my food obsession got worse. I kept wanting to eat until I had maintenance, and then I was fine for the rest of the day. Which would be ok if I could do OMAD, but I'm with my family right now and I can't just keep skipping dinner.

I've tried playing with macronutrients, high fat vs high carb, I always keep my protein high and try eat high volume. I've upped my calories to around 1350-1400 a week but I feel like it's barely made any difference.

I miss eating when I'm hungry, and stopping when I'm full and feeling satisfied. I miss eating and not thinking about food anymore once I'm done.

Will this feeling go away when I stop dieting? Has anyone else experienced this, and has this food obsession gone away for you? Or do I have to just have to deal with it for the rest of my life? Thanks if you respond.

submitted by /u/sorryahaha
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TgcmGA

No comments:

Post a Comment

HIIT/Estrogen/Libido

Hi all, I was curious if anyone has noticed any impact HIIT might have on estrogen and/or libido. I feel like after doing HIIT I tend to ...