Calorie Counting Obsession

I have always had disordered eating habits. I’ve never been formally diagnosed with an eating disorder, but I think I masked it fairly well in high school, and then I was alone in college.

I will become absolutely obsessive about counting calories, and if I go over my daily amount, I tend to binge. It’s definitely a topic for my therapist and I, so I’m not asking for advice so much in regards to a diagnosis.

I am around ~20 pounds overweight at the moment (not just a personal opinion, but also reflected in my BMI), and I am really working hard to exercise and monitor my food intake.

Does anyone else have a tendency to obsess about calorie counts? If so, what method do you find works best for you in terms of losing weight? I want to avoid falling into obsessive habits and not eating healthily (aka ~1200 calories and exercising excessively). I’m not sure what other methods people use other than CICO.

Thanks, and sorry if this isn’t an appropriate sub for this question!

submitted by /u/oregonheights
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YNv8W2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...