NSV: People think I'm thin?!

F/25/5'4" SW: 151 lbs CW: 136 lbs

It's been a slow and steady process with CICO, but I had a couple encouraging interactions lately!

I met a man who was telling me about how he lost some weight with Noom, and he said, "I would recommend it to you, but obviously you don't need it!" What!!

Then a couple days later, I was at a yoga class talking to a thin/fit woman about which styles of yoga we prefer. We both agreed that we don't like Bikram, and she said, "well, you and I don't have a weight problem, and I always burn too many calories in Bikram!" (lol!)

It's weird to realize that people perceive me as thin after spending so much time and energy hating my body for being overweight, and being frustrated with the painfully slow process. I'm feeling very proud of myself for sticking out the tough times and resisting temptations. And also forgiving myself for not losing faster (I've been dieting for about 8 months, so I've lost an average of half a pound a week).

Also, I started strength training a couple weeks ago, and getting back into yoga, and I feel so much better! I've even stopped weighing myself every day, and I upped my daily calorie goal from 1250 to 1400 because I'm more active, and it somehow feels MUCH easier and more sustainable. I'm feeling like I have faith that CICO is working and I'll eventually hit my goals, especially now that I'm exercising. Here's to hoping the last 10ish pounds are easier than the first 15! Thanks to everyone in this sub and r/1200isplenty 💕

I just wanted to share my little joy and accomplishment because reading other people's successes has been so helpful in my journey! Thanks for reading!

(Edited to add more detail!)

submitted by /u/shady_lady94
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2L2KuTW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...