Losing weight after a broken foot

Hey y’all. So coming out of last summer I (20/F) was in the best shape I’ve ever been. I am 5’9 and I’ve been holding at 190 for the past 5 years, with my heaviest at 210. I was down to like 165 in August held that until December. I ate pretty good and went to the gym and stayed active..... Then I broke my foot. It was a nasty break and I had to be non weight bearing for three months, and even now five months after the break I’m still having issues with pain and some mobility problems in my ankle and knee.

I’ve tried to talk to my doctor and yknow he’s just concerned about me healing right so he’s been telling me to limit stress on it for probably a few more months. So in the past five months I haven’t been working out and I’ve gained back all the weight and I’m at 200 now. I just don’t feel good in my skin anymore, it really sucks. I’ve been swimming a lot through recovery trying to regain some muscle strength. I even went to the gym a bit a few weeks back because my foot was feeling better but I just ended up disrupting the healing and set myself back again...

just get so upset that I’m getting chubby again and I’ve been eating garbage just because the more I think about my body the more stressed I get and the more I stress eat.

So ... is this relatable to anyone else? Any words of wisdom? Pls

submitted by /u/ChipsAhoyMcCoy72
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2IfJLev

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...