Struggling with Hunger/Binging

I'm 28F, 5'6", 260 lbs, and have been trying to lose weight practically since I was a child. I have major depressive disorder, anxiety, PTSD, and issues with binging (not purging, I'm not bulimic). I've always used food as a way of coping with my stress and emotions. I've also noticed that I get "hungry" when I watch TV, my brain just tells me it's time to eat. I feel like I'm constantly hungry for more food, especially in the evenings. I typically practice good self control during the day until the evenings, then the desire to binge starts.

I've tried not watching TV, doing something else (I study, walk my dog, read, etc), but I can get stuck on my cravings. I'm not sure how to break this cycle and am becoming desperate. I use MFP to track calories. I'm always changing my diet to try to find the perfect meal plan that will satisfy my cravings. Right now I try to maintain 1600 calories a day - but I tend to go over because I lose control of myself. What do I do?

submitted by /u/throwawayaway99837
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2IaYF5q

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...