Failing every time, mental illness, tl;dr rant

I don't know where to begin but I keep failing at losing weight and it makes me feel like a piece of shit every single day. I think over the years I've sunk further into depression that stems from various things but they say exercising and losing weight helps you gain back some confidence, look and feel better and shown to help depression. But I can't seem to. Every day makes it harder and harder to find the motivation or the will to do anything really especially make a healthy meal or go to the gym. My day consists of sitting 8hrs at a desk job, starving myself throughout most the day, then coming home exhausted and binging on whatever is easiest or available. I cannot break this cycle at all. I've tried keto and saw some results but I really never got over the ketoflu stage and I just felt bad all the time, especially if I worked out.

I've gotten to the point of just detesting looking at myself, being ashamed I look the way I do, self loathing, no self worth and binge eating and drinking. I've told myself "this is the last straw" so many times. I'll buy all healthy food, start to work out then cave within a week or so. What's even more frustrating is it's not even that bad. People tell me hey you're fine, you're average. But then why do I hate my flab?? I was a regular skinny person for many years. Right now I'm 6' and around 210lbs but in my mind I feel as if I'm 600lbs. I know exactly what I need to do but for some reason I can't and I hate myself for it.

I'm aware my issues are psychological too but I don't know what to do. I'm trapped in this pit of negativity. I've looked into therapy many times but my insurance right now is crap. Last time I went in to try to get help for depression I was told to go to some group class that gives you tips on managing depression. I've heard all the tips. I'm just fed up with myself and how terrible finding help is.

submitted by /u/yuppiemillenial
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Z8iUry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...