I think its important to remember that deciding to lose, making changes, and actually doing it (even if it’s slow!) already puts you above the rest! Not that it’s a competition but just to be proud you’re doing something about it! Even if you think you’re only mildly successful it’s already more than most ppl have achieved.
From age 22-27 my BMI was 25.2 (just this side of overweight and already had high cholesterol) and that put me at a BMI lower than 58% of people ages 25-29 in the US. It’s sad the majority of us are not only overweight but won’t admit that it’s not ok just because it’s common: I was often mocked for wanting to lose weight (mostly from coworkers) because I was “already smaller” than everyone else. But I’m a naturally petite person with (at the time) barely any muscle so generally I should be at the lower end of my BMI range when I’m healthy anyway.
I have SLOWLY lost 26 lbs over the last few years through classic diet (CICO) and exercise. I’m turning 30 next week, and even though I wanted to be a little more toned, a little more bikini ready, I realized how much I’ve improved just compared to my own age group! I’m now 20.7 BMI which puts me in the 10th percentile for 25-29 and 5% for the 30-34 age range! I don’t feel in my head like I’m “skinnier” than 95% of ppl my age and that just floored me.
My goal of 19.2 BMI (what I was in college, at my healthiest lifestyle) will put me at 1% for 30-34 yr olds.
Sometimes it doesn’t feel like it when I have a pasta belly or see that I don’t look like the yoga models or my favorite actresses (I carry the extra weight on my stomach, hips, thighs and have no boobs so I don’t carry weight well so to speak), but I have improved myself to the point of being the “lucky” and “naturally” looking skinny person and I am damn proud of my hard work.
Sometimes it just takes a bit of context to not feel too guilty about that glass (bottle?) of wine and bowl of chocolate chips I had yesterday haha
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WB3pat
No comments:
Post a Comment