Hi, I'm a 25 year old male in the military. I'm was 5'8 and 150lbs a couple months ago. Staying in shape used to be pretty easy under the soon to be replaced physical fitness test (2 min push ups, 2 min sit ups, 2 mile run). However, recently the army introduced a new fitness test with a strong emphasis on strength related exercises. So, I started bulking and have gained 30 pounds since I've started and am now 185.
While I have gained muscle, I have also lost no fat whatsoever and probably gained weight due to fat as well. So now the struggle is trying to lose weight while retaining as much muscle as I can. I think I've worked something out and have already completed a week of it so far:
-1,800 calories a day (I work out 2-3 times a day both cardio and strength training)
-160g protein a day in order to retain muscle with the rest of the calories coming from vegetables and fruit
-I started a new workout regimen to avoid a plateau
-Started running on the ground rather than a treadmill
-Cheat meal on Friday/Saturday because I need to stay sane
Any updates to make this better? Any input would be appreciated, thank you.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Jp13IZ
No comments:
Post a Comment