Genuine question for people who lost it. Is being skinny worth it?

I know I technically should lose weight. I'm 5'4" and around 190, so at minimum I have ~45 lbs to lose to get my BMI back under 25.

My question is this. Is is actually worth it to lose the weight? Like, will the lifestyle change actually be worth the effort? Because I have to say, having gone from underweight and obsessed with being skinny and not eating for days, to being overweight and not caring about what I eat cuz I'm fat already, the only benefits to being skinny were social. People on average were SO much nicer to me when I was thin. But tbh people are pieces of shit anyway. I know that. Making people become interested in me again for superficial reasons won't even feel the same anymore cuz I'll know if I gained the weight back that it'd just go back to how it was. So I don't truly feel there's anything to gain there. So why torture myself? Why restrict myself and make myself feel guilty for eating more than I think I should? Who does it really benefit? Does anyone know where I'm coming from but have a convincing argument for why I should lose the weight?

submitted by /u/LittleBoBooBoo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Htlzok

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...