Every time I'm starting to get on track, life knocks me off - how do I stop emotional eating?

I'm an emotional eater. Always have been. The fact that I have a couple of mental health problems + I'm hypersensitive, don't help this. Being overweight with an extremely bad self image... doesn't either.

I've tried countless times to start eating clean. I started again a few weeks ago, because I also started my internship and I went from being stationery to 12000 steps a day. I was doing pretty well, combining IF with low fat and low sugar eating. No real quick changes, but I wasn't surprised by that. I was feeling better and had more energy.

But then life came knocking around. I had my heart broken early this year, and last week I suddenly got a text from them demanding explanation why I'd never talked to them again, and when I didn't respond I got told I did the same as their abusive partner did to them. This completely knocked me off my healthy ways, and I tried SO hard to not fall into emotional eating, but I was feeling so miserable and lost I couldn't help myself. Seven days later I still haven't managed to pick myself back up, and now it's part emotional eating and part having trouble to start back up. Neither of these would be a problem if I didn't slip up in the first place and it's frustrating the heck out of me.

What are your ways to deal with emotional eating? How do I cope, or how do I indulge in a healthy way? I hate this yoyo effect, especially because it always happens at the very start of trying to get better.

submitted by /u/_indighoul
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2EvPeg4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...