Newbie here. On the path of self improvement. Need some guidance.

Hey folks.

I'm just out of an LTR and we'll, it's about time to focus on myself and finally start putting effort into fitness.

Stats:

32 male

5'9

210 lbs was 225 before my fiance and I broke up. Not sure how I lost 10 lbs in a week, but I think being sad and depressed had something to do with it. Then again I haven't weighed myself in awhile....

Size 36 waist

Goals:

Reach healthy weight 175-165. Look good and feel better.

What I'm doing:

Well, I just started my gym membership. I'm two days in, been focusing on cardio first and foremost, stairmaster, treadmill. I move on to other exercise machines, leg press, and upper body stuff. I typically put in 1.5 hours a day.

My first day I really pushed hard through the cardio, I'm actually surprised I didn't get sore the day after despite living a super stagnant life style. I hit 5.0 Mets on the stairmaster, heart rate hit 180. Day two went well, just not as much time at the gym as I wanted, a little sore from working my upper body from the weight machines, to be expected.

Diet:

It was shit till this point. I'm trying to eat foods that involve no butter or oil. Eat more fish and reduce portions to sane amounts. Day one I ate a mc d breakfast burrito, salmon steak with spinach for lunch, then salmon spinach sandwich for dinner with whole wheat bread. Day two sausage egg cheese English muffin gas station special, and a turkey and bacon avacado sandwich with salad for lunch. Forgot to eat dinner cause I was so damn full. I want to eat more vegetables and focus on foods that have a good nutritional spectrum to cover me where I've come up short over the years.

I've cut diet soda out of my life, drinking a lot more water. I do drink a lot of coffee (black, no sugar).

The experience so far:

I'm pleasantly surprised on how good I feel just after 2 days of going to the gym. I used to be very apprehensive of physical activity. On day one after I went to the gym I took a few walks and even went for a jog up and down Street. I want to quit smoking cigarettes, I'm surprised that I haven't gotten really short of breath while doing my routine so far.

I've also been waking up at like 5:00 a.m. everyday, Which is totally unlike me. Lately I've been feeling so different in terms of my energy level and willingness to exercise. I want to capitalize on this and really make some serious life changes that'll be beneficial and give me some peace.

What am I doing right? What am I doing wrong? What things should I focus on? I've lived really stagnant lifestyle up until now. I want to get these thighs thin out, who's the belly, and look good. How does I?

submitted by /u/cpujockey
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2OTzasl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...