At my known highest weight, I was 424lbs. I avoided a lot of things besides excess amounts of food. The biggest thing I avoided was a scale. I didn't want to know what I weighed. I didn't go to the doctor from age 14 until I was 29. My first fear was that I'd be too big to weigh on a normal scale. I didn't want to know how much I weighed and I especially didn't want anyone else to know. I now know this was the wrong approach. The scale is not here to shame us or make us feel bad. It's here to help us understand where we're at in our journey.
I know some people can have an unhealthy obsession with a scale. They view it as their validation. This is no how a scale should work. It's a tool to help you with your goals. It can be used as motivation, but that doesn't mean to weigh yourself every 10 seconds and if you haven't lost a pound since you punish yourself. Consume your allotted calories, so your exercises (if you exercise), drink your water, and live life. Just weigh yourself in the morning and go on about life like it's brushing your teeth. Knowledge is power. If you know where you stand today, it will help you get to where you want to be in the end.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2ImZnyz
No comments:
Post a Comment