Everyone wants me to lose weight

Hello all,

When I was 15 my family started dropping hints that I was gaining weight. I love my family and I always thought that they would never do anything to purposely hurt my feelings so I over looked it. This lead to them clearly saying I was fat. And I really didn’t mind because we were the type of family that made fun of each other and got over it. But when you start to feel ‘fat’ that’s when it goes bad. I tried to avoid my family (in grade 11-12) just to avoid the fat word. I would study at libraries, get a job to keep me occupied, and so many other crazy things to take up my time. I do feel like I missed out on a lot of family moments because of my family constantly saying I was fat. And I know I could have just told them I don’t like it, but I just couldn’t I love them and I don’t want them feeling like they had to change for me. But now looking back I feel stupid! Now that I am in my first year of university. I realized that I am overweight. It’s funny saying that I realized. I always knew but I didn’t think much of it. Because in my mind it wasn’t a barrier. Slowly I started to see how my weight got in the way of things. I wouldn’t wear certain clothing, go out, and even hang out with my slim friends.

I am now on a 2 week diet (the longest diet I’ve been on :)) and I feel great. My parents realize their mistakes and I’ve moved on. I wrote this for all the people being called ‘fat’. Please remember that you decide what you are. Not others. And do not give them the power, no matter who they are!

submitted by /u/youngsensei1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Z2cSt4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...