Gained back most of my weight - Going to start again

About three years ago I went on the scale and was 215+ pounds. I had a bit of a an epiphany and decided to lose weight. My main method was just an insane amount of stationary biking. I About half way through I got into calories in and calories out and started tracking food and exercise. I committed to losing 2 pounds a week (with a couple exceptions made for Christmas, my birthday etc.) and ended up in the 120s. Losing roughly 90 pounds in a year.

I also got seriously into running and by that time I gave up CICO as, if anything, I needed to eat more due to the running. Long story short, I overextended myself and hurt myself so I couldn't be active until I got better. No big deal I thought but without the ability to bike or run, I started getting back into the old habits (snacking while watching TV...). The injury lasted longer than I expected and, although I knew I was putting on weight, I didn't do anything.

I heard about 'maintenance' and stories like mine but didn't think they pertained to me. I was wrong. After about a year I got on the scale and was around 200 pounds again. I became a bit more conscious and slowly made my way back to the 170s.

Now I've decided to get back into losing weight seriously. My aim is to lose 50 pounds in 6 months and this post is my way to hold myself accountable this time and remember about maintenance this time.

submitted by /u/CautionaryLoseItTale
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HKISvR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...