[SV+NSV] Lowest weight of my adult life! And I don't suck at cooking anymore!

It's been a long journey, and it's certainly not over, but I reached my first goal of the new year.

At my heaviest in 2016, I was at 240lbs. I managed to get down to 180lbs during that year. This was just from doing a lot of cardio and not letting myself pig out on food. Slightly smaller portions and less desserts. I refused to count calories, though, so I stayed at ~180lbs from 2016-2018. My refusal to do CICO made me lose hope that I would ever be in the "normal" weight range for my height/age.

But at the end of last year, I decided I'm gonna do whatever it takes to lose the rest. I want to be able to take a yoga class without feeling self conscious, get up on a kneeboard, go rock climbing, enjoy the summer... even if it means tracking every meal. So this time I focused almost entirely on learning to cook and tracking calories. Exercise was secondary until I figured out how to eat right.

I've learned to cook 7 new delicious meals so far this year, which is huge for me (some of you may have seen my previous "I suck at cooking" post). I'm starting to really understand portion sizes more and more each day, and using my food scale doesn't feel like a chore anymore. I've lost 10lbs so far this year, bringing me down to 165lbs, which is my lowest weight of my adult life! And I've been more active each week as cooking becomes less of a challenge. I even managed to run out my doggo's energy on a jog on Tuesday! (Admittedly, we were both exhausted after.)

I'm having a rough start to today emotionally, but I wanted to take a moment and appreciate how far I've come, especially when I thought for so long that I couldn't do this. My only regret is that I wasted so much time doubting myself.

Believe in yourselves, ya'll! And if someone hasn't told you today how wonderful you are, hear it now: You are a truly vivacious powerhouse and you can do anything you set your mind to. You are fierce, and strong, and full of fire. You are loved. You got this shit. Keep going! 💕

submitted by /u/creekwarriorprincess
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Gx6Fi3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...