I don’t see results yet, but I can feel them and that’s okay :)

Hi! I’m fairly new to this journey and this is my first post on the sub, but I think it might be helpful to put these feelings into text, not only for me but in case anyone else might be feeling the same

I’m overweight, I’ve been like this since I was a kid, and when I was a teenager I tried dieting a bunch all to fail. It was all or nothing, eat as little as possible for as long as you can handle it, then abandon it and gain more weight. I struggled with a lot of body issues and low self esteem.

This most recent attempt has actually been working for me! It clicked that I wasn’t going to have sustainable results by counting my calories and obsessing over it (I’m not knocking it though because I know it works for others and that’s great!) I decided to just focus on learning about portion sizes and eating balanced meals and making sure I listen to my body when I’m hungry.

I’ve noticed more energy, I’m not dehydrated, I don’t crave sweets like crazy anymore, and the bloating has gone down. And I get to enjoy my food and trying out new meals!

Sometimes when I see myself in the mirror I still see a monster, and I feel as if my attempt is useless. That’s the all or nothing mentality. I won’t see results until later, but I’m starting to feel them, so I’m not too far off.

submitted by /u/heylaa_gains_life
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2HZs3z3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...