I started losing weight before a tragedy, but now people are beginning to notice my size and assume I’m depressed and just not eating.

Hey, everyone! This is sort of a rant maybe, I don’t know.

I began losing weight in March, and have pretty consistently lost 1.25lbs per week. For those doing the math, I’ve lost 60lbs and people are just starting to notice. (31 male 5’7” SW:279 CW:219 GW:179).

My fiancée died unexpected in October. She had a condition since birth, and one morning she just didn’t wake up. I did CPR for 9 minutes while waiting for EMS. I’m a professional rescuer instructor, so I knew she was long gone, but I had to try.

Well now people are starting to talk and really seem concerned that I’m just not eating or something. They know that I went through a traumatic event and seem to think that’s overshadowed my entire existence. I still have a significant amount of weight to lose, so I expect this sort of talk will only increase.

My family knows that I quit drinking (it was problematic) and started losing weight for the wedding, and that I’ve done proactive things like join a racquetball league and see a personal trainer. But pretty much everyone else just assumes that I’m a wreck.

I’m in a weird place where I sort of want acknowledgement for making healthier choices after years of heavy drinking and overeating. Maybe not praise, but at least no judgement for being healthier for the first time in too long.

I guess that’s my story at the moment.

Thanks for reading!

submitted by /u/SmirnOffTheSauce
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2HHaNOK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...