So, I've lost over 100 pounds since starting my journey, but have recently fallen off the wagon a bit and gotten back into some old habits, and it really is like an addiction sometimes. I know pigging out at 2 in the morning is gonna feel good in the moment, but I know it won't be so good later.
Anyway, I was at my favorite sandwich place for lunch today. I know they arent necessarily the healthiest place, but they certainly arent the worst, depending on what you order, and you know what, I wanted some good food. Now, for a bit of context, their sandwiches all come with house made chips, and I like to order fries as well, because god DAMN they have some good fries, and you get a serious serving of them. Honestly, the amount of fries you get could be its own meal.
But, I ordered my food without fries at first, because I knew I shouldn't, deep down. I want those fries, even though I know I don't need them. "If I still want them after I'm done, I'll come back and order them," I said. And I was going to. I finished my meal, and got back in line to get some fries. I even had the money in hand. But the lunch rush was starting to kick in, and I knew full well I wasn't even hungry, so standing in line, I took inventory of myself, and left.
Did I leave full? Absolutely. Did I leave satisfied? Well, no. I've never not gotten their fries, and it kinda bummed me out not getting them. But that's when I learned that being full is not always gonna be satisfying. I was full, eating more would've done nothing but reinforce the bad habits I've fallen back into. It's very easy to want something and just get it, like that post about wanting vs wanting right now. In that moment, I'd have killed for some of those fries. But again, I was full, and there was no reason to eat any more. Sometimes, you gotta sacrifice being satisfied for just being full.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2MCPnkL
No comments:
Post a Comment