Last year I lost about 23 pounds in 6 months and then maintained for another 6. When I went home to visit my family, everyone noticed. I have lost 11 pounds so far this year for a total loss of 34 pounds. No one in my family has seen me since losing the last 11 pounds (some of this has been water weight, I lost 5 pounds in the first week. Since then, my progress has slowed to my goal of 2 pounds per week).
I have been intermittent fasting with an 8-hour feeding window. I do HIIT on my stationary bike for 30-minute sessions 3-4 times per week, I also do low intensity or endurance cardio on my bike for 1 session on Saturdays that usually lasts 2-3 hours.
For food, I eat clean and focus on CICO. I used to have 2-4 beers daily, but now I might have a beer or two per week. I avoid processed food and sugars (I do enjoy raw honey as a natural sweetener). I eat just under 2000 calories per day and typically burn about 3000. I try to have 50% of my diet be carbs, 20-30% protein, and 20-30% fat. I don't stress out about the macros too much unless they are way out of balance. Like if my protein is about 10%, I'll have a protein shake. Or if my fats are lower, I'll have some nuts or avocado. I don't stress out too much about it, just make sure I have clean food like chicken or lentils at my house. I weigh everything I eat on a food scale and log it religiously in MFP. My exercise is tracked via fitbit.
I have some family members coming to visit in early May. If I can continue to lose 2 pounds per week until they get here, I will be right around 200 pounds (hopefully in onderland!!). I have not weighed 200 pounds since I was in highschool a decade ago. My motivation to lose weight over the last year has been to improve health and be more active, but knowing that I can shock my family members with my weightloss transition is an extra motivator for me.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2HEK8Cc
No comments:
Post a Comment