Just had my first indicator of progress and it made me cry...

I started working on CICO a little before New Year’s and then joined a gym on January 7th. I have gone to the gym 5-6 days a week for the last few weeks, have worked with the trainer of my gym, done a couple classes, walked laps around the mall just to keep myself moving... basically been working my ass off, and haven’t been super focused on the results. I have been very adamant from the beginning that I do not want this to be about a number on a scale - I want it to be about actually getting healthier, being more active, feeling stronger, being happier. I only weigh myself on the last day of the month.

But anyways, mainly explaining that as a means to explain why this so floored me. Decided I felt like dressing up a bit for work tomorrow. Most of my dresses are definitely more spring/summery so I was having a hard time finding something seasonally appropriate. I came across a dress I bought about 3-4 years ago that I only wore once because I felt self-conscious in it and then I gained weight and could no longer fit in it. Only reason it is still in my closet is because I forget it’s there most of the time and then when I remember, I leave it because I think “well I really like it and maybe one day I’ll fit back in it!”

Out of curiosity, I decided to try the dress on and not only did it fit, it looked GOOD. It was no longer hitting my legs at an awkward length, it wasn’t as tight around the chest and shoulders and just generally was very comfortable. Let me tell you guys - I burst out in tears. I couldn’t believe it. I definitely wasn’t losing motivation, but this really cemented to me that I’m on the right path.

Sorry for the rant, I am just bursting with excitement! Thanks for listening!

submitted by /u/jenngoloseit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2RW6wvy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...