I've maintained for a month and I'm proud of that

It sort of happened by accident, Eating more because of legit hunger and mentally exhausted of keeping a deficit, Plus knowing the holidays were upon us and I had many days of out of routine meals. So I set out to maintain without really knowing what to do, I had only ever lost and gained in the past when I went on and off diets(You know how that is). My weight when I began was somewhere in the 136 range, A bmi of exactly 24.9 for me fun fact. I dropped to 135 the first week and I still don't know how but I claim it because I stayed 135ish most of the month, Once in awhile I'd swing down to 134.8 or as high as 137 which I presume is just normal high-low fluctuations because I'd lose or gain back to 135 just as soon as the next day. I weighed almost everyday with breaks once in awhile, Really didn't rely too much on the scale other than to make sure I didn't go higher than 137, if it was verging on the higher end of 136 then I'd skip a snack or drink for a few days.

BUT I MAINTAINED FOR A WHOLE MONTH YOU GUYS, I'm super, super proud. Probably more proud than losing almost 30 pounds in the first place, because I knew i could lose but staying a weight is foreign. My intake varied A LOT, Anything from a 1100 day to a 2300 day(I think on average it's like 1600-1700?) . Relying on hunger and food available at the time, Somewhat a IF routine of only eating 2-3 meals and 3-4 cups of tea/coffee with milk/sugar, I'd snack once in awhile but only if I needed it. Nothing special really, I don't expressly aim to make "Diet" food. I just make really good food made from scratch including sugar, fats and white carbs but I also legitimately love lots of vegetables and eat lots of fruit, Oh and ate my weight in liver pate for a few weeks. I just choose to make the best decision I can without annoying myself and try to balance, like if I need cake with lunch then I'll have a simple soup for dinner, or I'll just have half a portion of lasagna and eat more salad because it was both delicious.

Right now I'm debating if maintaining a bmi of 24-25 is good enough for me, I'm happy and confident with how I look, I fit everything I want to, It's becoming intuitive how to maintain it. My original goal was 21-22, Which I'm sure I could get to if I wanted later on, or lose to it slooooowwwwly over the next 6 months-year maybe. I dunno if I'm failing somehow if I don't lose to "goal" and decide weighing 10 pounds more is what my mental health needs.

submitted by /u/Permanentavoidence
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2SmROtO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...