I’m looking for ideas for fun/adventurous activities to look forward to once I’ve lost the weight.

I’m not one of those adrenaline junkies (if I was, I probably wouldn’t be fat?), but I do love some adventurous activities. I love to kayak, but I suck at ocean kayaking (at least the one time I did it, it was 100x harder than kayaking on a slow, still river). I’ve also been wanting to do this “alpine zip lining” up in Lincoln, NH, but I’m over the weight limit (or maybe like just right at the limit, but I’m not risking that one yet).

Being able to participate in these kinds of activities will be a big life change, because for the past few years I’ve avoided situations where friends might suggest an activity. Or, I participate in the activity, but it’s shitty because I’m too fat to have fun (and I don’t say that in a self-deprecating way- it’s a fact - I’m either completely out of breath or don’t fit in some equipment the right way). For example, I went with some friends on a hike that was supposedly rated as easy (though I later found out that it was rated as moderate, but even that shouldn’t be too bad) and I was miserable, sweaty, and out of breath the whole time. I even sat out the last part of the hike, which went up to the summit with views of the valley. Nothing is lamer than sitting alone in the woods, waiting for your friends to come back from the summit.

So, I’m looking for ideas - what fun things have you all done that you couldn’t do before due to weight limits, physical ability, etc?

submitted by /u/jmarineh
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PvtB2a

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...