The general answers to this are usually "to look better" or "to be more healthy" but what lead you to this moment? What is the deep specific reason that you started?
I didn't even know the raw truth myself until this subreddit caused something wild to happen to me. Someone had posted a thread that asked why everyone was losing weight for reasons other than looks or health. I read the title of the thread out loud and immediately after my mouth opened and said "because I want to value myself enough to never be in an emotionally abusive relationship again."
You know how you feel most thoughts processing in your brain before you say them? There was none of that here. My mouth just opened and I heard myself say that but I had never had that thought before. It was like one part of my brain trying to communicate at all costs to the rest of me because it was being ignored.
It was right. I am very confident, sociable, well-liked etc... but I stayed in an abusive relationship because I thought "who else would love me?"
It made me realize that there's always a lot more to the story than the one-line elevator pitch we give to most people.
So what is your reason?
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NeT66M
No comments:
Post a Comment