The downside of weight loss: Progress pics of my closet

Just over a year ago I found this sub and read up on CICO. The next day, I started changing my life. Since then I am down from 5'10" 276lb to 225lb as of today. The weight was mostly lost in the first 6-7 months or so and the rest of the time has been spent maintaining. I didn't want to stop losing, I just wasn't sticking to the plan and recently that 50lb down reverted to 38lb. I needed a change and for the last two weeks I have been doing keto - and it is working. I am at the lowest weight I have been since starting this and seem to be back on track with newfound motivation.

During this loss, I never quite believed in the changes I was making. At some point my wife finally made me get new pants as she said mine were cinched at the waist like a clown. I ended up going 4" down in size, not counting that I was just about to outgrow the originals. In shirts I went down 1 full size. That being said, I never got rid of anything. I was worried I may swing back. Lately I'd grab one of my larger sized shirts - an old favorite I wanted to wear - but checking the mirror made me look like I was in borrowed clothes. I realized these old clothes are of no use to me and after more than a year of maintaining weight loss I needed to accept it as my new norm.

All that being said, today I finally purged my closet of clothes that don't fit to get them ready to donate. It was a sad moment in some ways, but I do hope I get to do it again. Next up are the t-shirt and shorts drawers!

Here are the before and afters:

https://imgur.com/a/6cUzxNQ

​

submitted by /u/Jamieson22
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2wXMHaO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...