The only thing that’s ever worked for me, reliably and consistently, has been CICO (or some variation thereof).
When I was younger and living at home I didn’t have a name for it, but my grandparents knew to just cook healthy food. That was all it took.
I didn’t have any hard and fast rules. We ate burgers on Friday nights, I ate pizza when I went to a friend’s house, if there was a special occasion we went out to eat - and I still lost 70 pounds.
Now I’m pushing 31 and I’ve gained it all back plus another 70, mostly because I’ve tried to do everything but what I know to have worked in the past.
Every fad diet, every workaround - all promising at first but unsustainable in the end. All experiments in self-deprivation and seeing how long you can deny yourself of things you enjoy, resulting in immediate and temporary weight loss followed by immediate and lasting weight gain.
Last week a comment about my weight was finally the “fuck this, I’m done” moment, and I started tracking everything on MFP. I wasn’t “prepared” to start dieting, but with CICO you don’t really have to be. You just have to make better choices and hold yourself accountable for them.
I’ve had pizza, sweets, burgers, and cookies since then, and I’ve been under my calorie goal every day - because the majority of my choices are not pizza, sweets, burgers, and cookies.
Tracking everything gives me so much freedom to live in the real world, where things aren’t perfect, and don’t always go according to plan.
It’s early. I know that. And I’ll hit a wall eventually. But man, I think if I just keep logging - whether or not I like what I see - I’ll be in a much better place a year from now than I am today.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2O8KyPO
No comments:
Post a Comment