So for the past few months I have been using OMAD as a strategy to eat more in one meal while still staying in a calorie deficit for the day. For most of my 100lb weight loss, I had done intermittent fasting with the 16/8 schedule, which is basically just skipping breakfast. That worked great for me, so I thought why not try OMAD? At first it was working well, I was losing weight and enjoying my big meals. Over a few months, however, I started to notice I was binging at night way more frequently. I was feeling panicked, anxious and depressed throughout the day and unable to focus on work. Food was constantly on my mind. Once I got home, I would start eating and be unable to stop.
I decided to go back to 16/8. Within the first week, I realized my depression was virtually gone. I was feeling much happier about life and enjoying my day more. I could focus and I was no longer obsessed with food all day long. It has been much easier to stick to my 1200 calories a day without binging.
OMAD works great for some people, but this was a good lesson to me that not all tactics work the same for everyone. Just like Keto makes my stomach ache, OMAD apparently makes me a sad food monster. Everyone is different, find what works well for YOU!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MEBPsd
No comments:
Post a Comment