I just want to humblebrag that I lost weight on vacation and, if you've got a vacation coming up, you can do it too! In the past, vacation always meant "calories don't count" and fully enjoying myself. I didn't want to not enjoy myself on this vacation, but I was also very conscious of everything I ate. If I was going to get something on the bad side, I was very careful and "banked" my calories for later in the day. I cut out unnecessary frivolities, like french fries and boozy drinks or dessert.
Travel days used to mean grabbing something bad on a layover. This time, I packed myself almonds and bran flakes to hold me over, and I drank a ton of water. Then, at the airport for my layover, I got an egg and cheese sandwich on an English muffin that was under 300 calories. At the airports, instead of using the moving walkways, I walked to the side to get the extra steps in.
Going out for lunch or dinner on vacation used to mean getting whatever I wanted and trying as many dishes as I could while on the trip. This time, it meant getting one splurge item for lunch (in this case, it was Buffalo cauliflower with ranch dip - a vegetarian version of Buffalo chicken wings and holy heck it was good). I didn't eat it all - I stopped when I was satisfied - and then I didn't eat again until dinner. At dinner, I limited myself to just five chips with guacamole instead of as many as I wanted, and I got one small item that wasn't bad (veggie tacos) and that was it. I still tracked all my calories and erred in the side of over-estimating and stayed around 1200 calories for the day. Another day, I got a veggie sandwich and swapped the fries for a salad with a light dressing. I drank zero alcohol on the whole trip, even though in the past I would've gotten a margarita or a red wine.
I was so pleased to get back from a week of vacation, step on the scale, and see I still lost 1.5 lbs. I enjoyed the vacation and ate some good food, but I have no regrets about it because I stayed on track. Yay!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2R618Sx
No comments:
Post a Comment