Hi friends,
Long time CICO practitioner with varied success over time. Recently I started cycling my calorie budget over my menstrual cycle based on research showing women need more calories at different times of the month (and also my intuitive eating experiences that confirmed this):
Menstrual cycle and BMR in women
Variation in energy intake during menstrual cycle: implications for food-intake research
I have reminders in my phone that tell me to change my budget "adjustment" so I have the following deficits (month starts at the beginning of my period): Week 1+2: 500 deficit Week 3: 250 deficit Week 4 (PMS): 0 deficit (time my BMR is highest because I'm building the uterine lining and also cranky AF)
I've been having a /lot/ of success with this, especially mentally. It means I average a 2.5lb loss per month and, possibly more importantly, I actually feel "in control" and successful. Y'know how men can always lose faster than women? I suspect it's partly because they don't have their hormones literally sabotaging the capability to eat "consistently". However, with this knowledge I know I'm /actually/ tracking a pretty consistent deficit, and I'm not starving!
TL;DR: LADIES STOP AIMING FOR THE SAME CALS EVERY DAY IF IT DRIVES YOU NUTS AND MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE A FAILURE! Science says.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2DEPaN2
No comments:
Post a Comment