I lost my first 10lbs! But my period is coming and I don't know how to cope with extreme fatigue and other menstrual symptoms

Hi r/loseit friends! I've been consciously working on my weight loss for about a month now. I stumbled upon this wonderful sub a week or two ago and have been lurking and absorbing all the hope and advice I can. I've lost 11 pounds and a whole inch from my bust/under boob area so far! I think a lot of it was water weight because I LOVE salty foods and the first 6-7lbs came off FAST. Either way, it feels great to not be as bloated as a Macy's Parade float.

Today is my 11th day tracking my calorie and macros intake on MyFitnessPal, so far I've come in slightly under my daily goals almost every day and have been able to exercise consistently 5 days a week. BUT my first post-lifestyle change period is approaching and I'm starting to feel symptoms that make me scared for my progress and self control.

I'm more emotional, which is terrifying because for me feeling bad = eating bad. I'm dead tired so I'm missing out on the motivation to work out and cook healthy meals. I'm also noticing an increase in my appetite (despite taking my Vyvanse as prescribed). Historically, I've had pretty bad "period munchies" and I think that's also influencing my increased desire to eat. There's also overcoming the physical discomfort that comes with menstruation - because who tf wants to do crunches when they're bloated and cramping!? Literally no one.

Last night I went over my calorie, carb and fat goals. I know that it's okay to slip up and the amount I went over is no big deal considering that I've been at a deficit for those goals previous days. It all evens out, right? But I can't help but worry and obsess about how much worse it might be once my period hits. Part of me wants to say "you've worked so hard this month, take time off" and "you deserve a cheat day because having your period is hard". I'm all for cheat days, but it's a slippery slope for me, personally. And I'm afraid that if I do one cheat day while feeling emotional, tired and unmotivated that it will happen the next day and the next...

I'm doing so well and I don't want to lose all this progress! I know I can't be the only lady who's felt this way or faced these kinds of weight loss challenges. So I'm here to ask you all how you've managed to cope, motivate yourselves and stick to your goals during Shark Week. I'm really scared for myself and I want to go into this with some strategies!

submitted by /u/cosmikd3bris
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2wVU3L9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...